Provides administrative support to ensure the efficient delivery of the medical curriculum and other educational and business needs of the division.
- Plans and organizes the travel arrangements including liaising with the HR department in Doha and the WCM-Q office in NY to coordinate flights, hotel room reservations and ground transportation for educational or business purposes.
- Processes, reviews, logs and monitors the completion of expense claim reimbursement forms.
- Initiates shopping carts relating to activities of the Division ensuring compliance with WCM-Q financial policies and procedures.
- Assists with the preparation and logistical coordination of events and activities relating to the Division of Medical Education.
- Reviews, coordinates and maintains a log of the payment of invoices and reimbursement of expenses and other budgetary needs such as Procurement credit card.
- Maintains the electronic calendar, schedules appointments and conference calls. Manages the office files, orders stationary, photocopies, faxes and other tasks such as screening, logging and prioritizing incoming telephone calls, mail and email.
- Liaises with the staff in the division and with external stakeholders as required.
- Provides word processing, spreadsheet and presentation services including drafting correspondence, typing and formatting word and excel documents, itineraries, reports, manuscripts, research proposals and other publications.
- Compiles and disseminates materials for meeting. Records and transcribes minutes and monitors follow up actions’ points.
- Supports website updates.
- Provides cross-coverage within the Division.
- Maintains confidentiality of information and performs other job related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree
BA BS or equivalent combination of education and experience.
4 or more year’s secretarial administrative experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal, written and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self motivated, adaptable, and possessing a positive attitude.
- Creative thinker and problem solver; ability to think critically.
- Detail oriented
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Suite and database applications.
- Prior experiences working in a diverse, cross-cultural environment.
Flexibility in work hours is essential
Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar was established in 2001 as a partnership between Cornell University and Qatar
Foundation. The first medical school in Qatar and a pioneer of coeducation at university level, WCM-Q offers an integrated program of pre-medical and medical studies leading to the Cornell University M.D. degree. Teaching is by Cornell and Weill Cornell faculty, including physicians at Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC) who hold Weill Cornell appointments.
Enrollment has grown rapidly from 25 first year pre-medical students in fall 2002 to over 200 students from more than 30 countries as we entered our sixth year of operation in September 2007.
WCM-Q is part of Weill Cornell Medical College, which was founded in New York City over 100 years ago, and shares the same mission:
- to provide the finest education possible for medical students
- to conduct research at the cutting edge of knowledge
- to improve health care both now and for future generations
- to provide the highest quality of care to the community
Weill Cornell Medicine-Qatar is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled employer.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level General
- Total Years Experience 0-5