Job: Business Support and Management
Primary Location: Africa & Middle East-United Arab Emirates-Dubai
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Posting Date: 30/Mar/2020
Unposting Date: 13/Apr/2020
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities & Our Ideal Candidate
- Ensure that there is adequate support (processes, tools, frameworks, systems) in the Country Governance team for necessary CFCC controls.
- Proactively support Director(s) and Head of CFCC Governance, UAE & DIFC in develop maintaining regulatory relationships with regulators in Country through a structured engagement programme with consistent adherence to regulatory expectations.
- Ensure that Standard Chartered Bank’s operations in the UAE/DIFC are in line with regulatory expectations and Group requirements.
- Promote the culture and practice of compliance with compliance standards (including conducting business within regulatory requirements, and to high ethical standards) within the Bank and embed a Here for good culture and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Ensure that key changes (to laws, rules, regulations) are communicated and cascaded (in country), in coordination with group communications.
- Support relevant stakeholders to make decisions based on current and possible future policies, practices, and trends.
- Keep track of and provide advice to relevant stakeholders on the interpretation and application of regulatory expectations, regulations, laws, best practices and policies related to CFCC
- In conjunction with the relevant stakeholders, analyse the impact of regulatory compliance matters on the bank and its operations.
- Anticipate, assess and communicate key regulatory risk trends in Country for management consideration and drive the development and implementation of appropriate mitigation control measures.
- Use general knowledge of business products undertaken in the jurisdiction to work with business compliance specialists to respond to regulatory questions and keeps the in-Country regulators updated on developments in the Bank’s business
- Develop, keep up to date and recommend for approval by the relevant Risk Committee, appropriate policies/processes/DOls to address CFCC, aligning with relevant regulatory requirements.
- Manage and develop the relationship with the regulators in accordance with the Regulatory Relationship Plan.
- Build trust through meeting regulatory commitments and having regular briefings/engagement with regulators.
- Ensure the Bank is properly prepared for regulatory inspections and coordinating responses with the business.
- Provide governance and oversight over the implementation of CFCC related policies and procedures in Country to ensure compliance with such policies and procedures.
- Provide advice to relevant business & functions stakeholders on compliance with Group standards & regulatory matters relating to CFCC.
- Proactively monitor regulatory developments to manage the regulatory impact of complex regulatory matters on the Bank’s business and its operations
- Provide guidance on the proper application and interpretation of banking laws, regulations and policies applicable in Country.
- Set control standards and provide advice on the development of appropriate controls for the mitigation of regulatory risks.
- Assist in overseeing relevant administration and licensing as required by the in-Country regulatory requirements.
- In the event of serious regulatory breaches, or where risk tolerances have been breached, assist in critical workstreams in order to ensure senior management and relevant regulators are informed and that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
- Track significant issues arising from CFCC metrics, Assurance activities, Audit reviews and regulatory inspections, providing validation of issue closure where necessary.
- Prepare and cascade lessons learned from audit findings, assurance activities and specific investigations.
- Support all control checks undertaken by CFCC under the Operational Risk Framework (ORF).
- Co-ordinate/support the management of audits/exams.
People and Talent
- Promote and embed a culture of openness, trust and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy compliant conduct is the norm.
- Stimulate an environment where forward planning, prioritisation, deadline management and streamlined workflows and collaborative, inclusive yet effective and efficient work practices are the norm.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values.
- Work effectively and proactively with business compliance and other support function teams to manage Country CFCC risks.
- Maintain oversight of risk mitigating action plans. • Apply Group and CFCC policies and processes to manage risks.
- Make recommendations (and/or implement) to relevant stakeholders on possible risk management responses to identified risks and/or findings of concerns from investigations.
- Inform senior management and relevant regulators of serious regulatory breaches (or where risk tolerances have been breached) and ensure that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
- Map risks and quantify the potential impact and escalate where necessary.
- Support delivery of annual Global Compliance, AML, ABC and Sanctions Risk Assessments.
- Ensure the Bank is properly prepared for, routine regulatory exams, audits and supervisory inspections, as well as to managing the response from the business.
- Lead key change programmes and projects for Country CFCC
- Maintain workplans specific to Country CFCC projects/ initiatives, and communicate the same to stakeholders in a regular, timely fashion to inform and seek inputs.
- Drive and stimulate an environment where forward planning, prioritisation and deadline management lead to efficient work practices and streamlined functional activities and processes.
- Support business as usual (BAU) capability during change programme, as well as during the execution and delivery of the Remediation initiatives through project phase into BAU
- Attend relevant meetings.
- In the event of serious regulatory breaches, or where risk tolerances have been breached, ensure senior management and relevant regulators are informed and that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
- Periodic reporting and timely escalation of significant risks and issues arising from CFCC Monitoring and Assurance activities.
- Be accountable for identification and escalation of potential risks and issues to senior management through appropriate governance channels and the Quality Assurance framework.
- Collate, analyse and interpret data in reports to senior management and relevant governance/risk committees.
- Analyse and interpret data to produce reports that help the bank identify and manage emerging areas of risk / vulnerability and thus drive remediation action within the CFCC function.
- Lead or influence significant programmes of work in support of the CFCC initiatives and projects.
- Proactively drive the development and maintenance of good relationships with internal and external business stakeholders at appropriate levels ensuring an open and cooperative environment.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Support the CFCC Governance team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Support relevant stakeholders to respond to regulatory queries.
- Director(s), CFCC Governance UAE & DIFC
- Head, CFCC Governance UAE & DIFC • Head, CFCC, UAE/DIFC
- Head, FCC, UAE/DIFC
- Relevant Country/Group process owners for CFCC processes
- Country and AME Regional CFCC Management Team
- Country Business SegmentS/Product teams
- Relevant Heads of Business and Functions, UAE/DIFC
- Regional Heads, FCC Centres of Excellence (e .g. Sanctions, ABC, Controls)
- Other Risks and Control Functional Heads (Risk, Audit, etc)
- Relevant UAE/DIFC/ADGM Regulators (Central Bank, SCA, DFSA, FSRA, DFSA, DOJ, Treliant etc)
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in the CFCC Governance team.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level General
- Total Years Experience 0-5