Job: Commercial Banking
Primary Location: Africa & Middle East-United Arab Emirates-Dubai
Employee Status: Permanent
Posting Date: 23/Mar/2020
Unposting Date: 06/Apr/2020
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Strongly assist the RM in origination by preparing pitch book, industry leads, etc.
- Assist the RM and CA in preparing briefing notes for senior management visits.
- Document the client meetings attended by preparing a call report via the RMWB system
- Ensure timely completion of account opening formalities of the client including collection of documents, signature verification etc., by liaising with cash operations & the CCM – Specialist teams.
- Work in partnership with FM to setup FM System ID and ISDA request.
Client on-boarding & deal execution
- Assist the RM in liaising with Legal & Compliance, CRC and clients to resolve documentation issues like T&C deviations for standard documents.
- Obtain approval for modification in standard documentation wherever necessary from appropriate authority.
- Ensure documentation is completed and the limits loaded properly to ensure faster execution of the transaction.
- Work with the CDD team to ensure eCDDs are created and renewed on time.
- Seek approval from various authorities for release of trade offerings and release the deal in IMEX.
Account Management and portfolio quality
- Actively engage with client and also with the product partners to ensure high level of utilization of regular limits.
- Work closely with product partners for coordinating client training for non lending products. (Client training to be conducted by Product Partners.)
- Track past dues and excesses in the portfolio meticulously and ensure they are regularized on time. Any exceptions to be highlighted to CA and RM.
- Seek necessary approvals, wherever required and release trade offerings on time to ensure faster TAT on trade transactions.
- Co-ordinate with Ops / GSSC for any rectifying any ops related issues and issue SIFs wherever required within the authority.
- Ensure document deficiencies are minimum (as reflected by DDR, GDR, etc) and are rectified on time.
- Liaise with other banks for information sharing and seeking opinion reports and respond to NOC requests from other banks/NAK etc.
- Liaise with FAM/GAM/RAM for day to day account maintenance and operational issues.
- Arrange for stock inspection/Valuation
- Ensure correctness of data in SCI and other systems. Attend portfolio review meetings along with RM/CA/Team leaders
- Track and action on Failed Trade Report
- Ensure compliance of all internal/regulatory policies & regulations.
- External including (and not limited to); clients, legal firms, accounts for pushing utilization, regularization of deficiencies, documentation, etc.
- Internal including (and not limited to); credit, RM, CA, FM, TB, CRC and other stakeholders for approval, reporting, monitoring and joint management of the portfolio as a cohesive team, post approval activities, overall account management, etc.
- High level of utilization of limits
- Quality of portfolio
- Overall revenue growth of the portfolio
- Nil Provisioning
- Satisfactory internal / external audit/reviews
Our Ideal Candidate
- Post graduate qualification is preferred.
- Self driven individual with strong problem solving and execution skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Team player – ability to work with colleagues at all levels to drive segment proposition
- Good communication skills are essential
- Collaborative with a “can do” attitude
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple deliverables simultaneously
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level General
- Total Years Experience 0-5