Job Position: Construction Manager
Our client is seeking a Construction Manager/Inspector for an anticipated position supporting a construction effort in the country of Qatar. The Construction Manager will capable of providing expert recommendations and support in building construction, verifies measurements, construction adequacy, and work being completed IAW. The candidate will be responsible for selected construction inspections, quality control, submittal reviews for all of the construction projects. The work location for this position is on the Al Udeid Air Base (AUAB) in Qatar.
- Candidate must have at a minimum of 15 years construction field experience in all phases of Civil and Building Construction or a two (2) year associates degree in Construction Management or related field and 10 years of field experience.
- Candidate must have experience in all aspects of building construction, to include electrical, mechanical, and civil/structural. At least one (1) construction inspector must hold an American Concrete Institute (ACI) concrete testing certification
- CM must be versed in the International Building Code, NFPA Fire Codes, and the NEC in addition to general construction practices.
- CM must be able to read, interpret, and decipher all construction documents (schedules, specifications, blueprints, schematics, diagrams, and related documents); analyze procedures to identify deficiencies, , monitor project phasing and ensure adherence to approved safety standards, observe and inspect ongoing construction work, oversee construction record keeping activities, recommend change orders, review proposed change orders submitted by construction contractors, prepare and submit reports, and keep a daily log of all activities, weather conditions and work quantities.
- CM must ensure that all construction is performed IAW the applicable statement of work and Government-approved construction documents; review shop drawings and product submittals in a timely and accurate manner; and perform and document daily inspections of construction sites and ensure the Governments best interest is served.
- Must be able to update integrated master schedule (IMS) tasks and report potential or existing problem areas and recommend corrective actions to eliminate or reduce schedule impact.
- CM must verify measurements, construction adequacy, and work being completed IAW the plans and specifications.
- CM must update project data from all active construction projects in an integrated master schedule at least weekly.
- CM must perform daily and weekly site visits.
- CM must be able to require travel to areas in the local area outside of the military installation to verify design requirements and quality of work being performed on jobs/projects.
- CM must be capable of working in environments of extreme heat, solar intensity, dryness, humidity, and physically capable of handling basic activities such as lifting, walking, climbing stairs, and others in extreme environments.
- CM must attend the weekly construction meetings with the specific projects to ensure the Project Managers are informed of the most up to date information.
- The CM shall advise and/or assist construction Contractors to resolve escort and access issues, as applicable.
- Position requires the ability to pass and maintain a DOD Secret Security Clearance.
- Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have current passport with more than 12 months validity
- Must pass medical/dental screening, receive required immunizations, and complete Government deployment preparation
- Experience preferred in the following software: AutoCAD 2016, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microsoft (MS) Office 365, Primavera and MS Project
- Experience in reading, interpreting, and deciphering all construction documents (schedules, specifications, blueprints, schematics, diagrams, and related documents).
- Fluent in the Arabic language is preferred
Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test and background.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level General
- Total Years Experience 0-5