For more than 78 years, the USO—a private, nonprofit organization—has served the men and women of the U.S. military, and their families, throughout their time in uniform – from the moment they join, through their deployments and as they transition back to their communities.
Today’s USO continuously adapts to the needs of our men and women in uniform and their families, so they can focus on their very important mission. We operate USO centers at or near military installations across the United States and throughout the world, including in combat zones, and even un-staffed USO service sites in places too dangerous for anyone but combat troops to occupy.
The Duty Manager is responsible for providing excellent customer service, maintaining a warm, friendly, inviting environment for service members as well as maintaining the day-to-day activities of a USO Center.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Duties)
- Ensure delivery of excellent customer service, Engage and interact with visitors.*
- Manage operations and programs during assigned shifts, including but not limited to, opening and/or closing, managing assets, complying with all policies and procedures and following safety and security protocols.*
- Host programs, activities and events in the center and at outreach locations.*
- As directed by center leadership, lead the planning, execution and oversight of focus areas to include programs, logistics, inventory management, budget planning, social media and database management.*
- Supervise volunteers during assigned shift, ensuring that quality customer service and support is provided and all SWA center standards are followed.*
- Monitor readiness and availability of activity and lounge areas (i.e. check-in area, coffee/snack stations, gaming, telephone, and computer rooms). Maintain standards of cleanliness for all facilities and equipment.*
- May monitor daily sales for retail operations and replenish stock. Count cash balance at beginning and end of shifts and prepare cash for deposit.
- Complete semi-annual and annual inventories as directed.*
- Assume responsibility for center operations as needed in the absence of the Center Manager.*
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Specifications – minimum Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Behaviors necessary to perform the job successfully. Equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 1-3 years work experience in retail, customer service, recreation facility or related role. Relevant experience in a not-for-profit, military, multicultural and/or global organization preferred.
- General knowledge of military community preferred.
- Ability to stand for up to 12 hours, lift and carry up to 50 pounds and wear up to 30 pounds of body armor.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service and problem-solving skills. Ability to interact with USO Leadership, the general public and military audiences at a variety of levels with integrity and professionalism.
- Proficiency using computers and electronics equipment. General knowledge of various software, applications, and programs including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite and social media platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment related to controversial and/or culturally sensitive subjects. Ability to handle confidential information with tact and poise.
- Must show initiative, self-motivation, and attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities. Ability to quickly and easily adapt to changing organizational needs.
- Ability to achieve desired results while working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Ability to obtain and maintain proper credentials necessary to access USO Center locations and facilities including but not limited to security, credit and/or background screening, SOFA status, a valid United States passport and valid US and foreign driver’s licenses.
- Must be a strong advocate of the USO’s mission.
- This position is located at Camp Buehring, Kuwait.
- Resume and cover letter are required for full consideration.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level General
- Total Years Experience 0-5