Opportunity to make a huge impact while working alongside a global community of passionate people who are leading the way in cutting-edge technology. Our valued employees across the world have made VMware Carbon Black a Top Place to Work, as named by the Boston Globe for two consecutive years.
We are looking for an Engagement Manager to support our rapidly growing quantity of customer engagements.
The Engagement Manager leads the project team to ensure successful customer implementations of VMware Carbon Black’s solutions.
The implementations include organizational and operational work streams along with the technology deployment. The Engagement Manager also provides input and maintains project management documentation as it relates to project delivery. The implementation effort includes oversight of organizational and operational work streams and the technology deployment. The Engagement Manager provides input and maintains project management documentation.
The Engagement Manager is comfortable living in the customer’s realm as well as building a partnership with cross-functional groups throughout VMware Carbon Black. Having a strong drive to help customers achieve their goals and maintaining a positive attitude are essential to success in this role. The ideal candidate possesses a strong understanding of the service-oriented nature of this position and knowledge of information security technologies and related best practices in their use.
The Engagement Manager may be responsible for supporting internal projects to progress the project management discipline within VMware Carbon Black. These may include support for developing an internal project management methodology, templates and tools as well as mentoring and training other VMware Carbon Black consultants. Strong candidates will have a full understanding of the service-oriented nature of the position and solid knowledge of cybersecurity and information technology in general.
You will help companies achieve a much improved cybersecurity posture for their endpoints and help them defend themselves from adversaries who would do them harm.
What You’ll Do
- Provide project management for VMWare Carbon Black’s Professional Services engagements
- Manage a portfolio of 100+ implementation projects
- Work closely with customer Project Managers and/or Technical Leads to document success criteria, project milestones, action items, and issues
- Adapt project management approach depending on customer needs
- Think strategically about customer success
- Create and maintain all project artifacts including project plans, issue logs, status reports, and meeting notes
- Identify dependencies and integrate into work breakdown structures and project plans
- Communicate effectively at both the executive and project level to ensure consistent communication related to the status of a given implementation project
- Provide status reporting at both a project team and executive level
- Manage and report on project hours and budget
- Manage projects to scope and terms
- Work closely with customer project team to solve implementation issues
- Work with VMware Carbon Black Sales, Technical Support, Customer Success and Engineering teams to ensure customer issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Drive action items to resolution with speed and quality
- Foresee risk and implement mitigation strategies
- Responsible for contributing to the maintenance of best practices and methodology documentation
- Up to 15% travel possible
- Model VMware Carbon Black core values: Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers, Community
- A strong desire for customer success and a positive demeanor
- A focus on getting customers value as quickly as possible in their day-to-day use of our products
- Knowledge of cybersecurity technologies & best practices
- Strong knowledge of the information technology landscape and related best practices for the management of related tools
- Familiarity with macOS, Windows and Linux operating systems as well as software deployment tools and techniques
- An understanding of IT and cybersecurity policies and procedures, including change management
- Familiarity with ITIL, patch management, configuration management, auditing/compliance, malware/forensics, and incident response tools
General Qualifications and Requirements
- 5-10 years field project management consulting experience
- Proven ability to lead a technical services project team
- Skilled in virtual meeting facilitation
- Ability to translate customer needs into technical, operational and organization solutions and recommendations
- Ability to manage a large portfolio of active engagements
- Highly motivated
- Possess strong communication, organizational, facilitation, presentation, and writing skills
- PMP (desired) or equivalent work experience in project management
- Experience with multiple operating systems, security policies and terminology
- Knowledge of management and configuration of enterprise IT infrastructure preferred
- Knowledge of IT security technologies and best practices preferred
- Experience in using ChangePoint, Salesforce, Smartsheets, Clarizen desired
- Cybersecurity experience a plus
- Help desk or ITIL service management a plus
- Ability to travel up to 15%
Who We Are
VMware Carbon Black has designed the most complete next-gen endpoint security platform, enabling organizations to stop the most attacks, see every threat, close security gaps, and evolve their defenses. The VMware Carbon Black Cloud helps organizations of all sizes replace legacy antivirus technology, lock down systems, and arm incident response teams with advanced tools to proactively hunt down threats. Today, VMware Carbon Black has approximately 6,000 worldwide customers, including 1/3 of the Fortune 100 and more than 1,200 employees. VMWare Carbon Black was voted Best Endpoint Protection by security professionals in the SANS Institute’s Best of 2015 Awards.
Category : Services and Consulting
Subcategory: Engagement Management
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2020-02-13
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.