Role Description – Financial Controller
Location : Dubai
This a senior management position within the Middle East and Africa region of Clyde & Co that overseas all functions within the finance and accounting department. The role reports to the Head of Finance MEA with a functional reporting line to the Global Controller based in London. As a member of the regional Finance Management Team ( FMT ) there will also be a number of functional managers reporting into this role.
The key expectations of this role are to oversee the accounting & fiscal operations of the company, from maintaining systems of accounting records to developing comprehensive sets of controls and framework designed to mitigate risk and enhance the accuracy of the firm’s reported financial results ensuring that all activity complies with international financial reporting standards.
- Responsible for establishing financial procedures, controls and appropriate accounting policies that strengthen the MEA governance model, and ensure transparency and consistency.
- Responsible for the management and integrity of the monthly and quarterly close process.
- Responsible for all aspects of regional partnership accounting.
- Responsible for integrity of client money, in line with SRA regulations.
- Responsible for supervising the formal balance sheet review cycle.
- Overseeing statutory audits for all entities across the region.
- Preparing various financial statements, analyses and compliance testing.
- Responsible for cash flow forecasting and treasury management.
- Supervising payroll activity for the MEA region.
- First line support for Tax, Accounts Payable & Payroll.
- Collaborating and advising on financial matters for different Clyde & Co companies across MEA
- Ownership of the key financial components of departmental business plans, in particular for Gulf Recoveries, Rex companies, and non-branches of the UK LLP.
- Ownership of managing the annual rate review process, including the gathering of competitor data and all associated management information.
- Identifying and undertaking key projects that form part of the MEA strategic plan.
- Building relationships, influencing and presenting at the different meetings within the MEA region.
- Effectively deputise for Head of Finance MEA
Competencies and experience required
We are looking for an experienced finance professional with high-level analytical skills, brilliant management ability and a sound understanding of how an international law firm operates. The ideal candidate will also have:
- A minimum of 10 years extensive experience managing finance teams, preparing and analysing reports and making improvements to fiscal tools and systems .
- Chartered Accountant or equivalent
- Experience using Elite 3E or similar practice management systems
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written (must be fluent in English)
- Strong numeracy skills and an excellent level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Intermediate or advanced Excel skills
- Strong time management and organisational skills and the ability to work well under pressure and to regular tight deadlines
- The ability to problem solve, analyse situations and identify key issues
- The ability to formulate and evaluate alternative options for recovery of problem debts
- Previous experience of working in a VAT environment will be beneficial
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with a multitude of different stakeholders
- Proven track record in delivery of timely results
Clyde & Co overview
Clyde & Co is a leading, sector-focused global law firm with 440 partners, 1800 lawyers, 2500 legal professionals, and 4000 staff in over 50 offices and associated offices worldwide.
The firm specialises in the sectors that move, build and power our connected world and the insurance that underpins it, namely: transport, infrastructure, energy, trade & commodities and insurance. With a strong focus on developed and emerging markets, the firm has achieved compound average annual revenue growth of 15% over the last ten years, making it one of the fastest growing law firms in the world with ambitious plans for further growth.
Clyde & Co in the Middle East
Since opening our first office in Dubai in 1989, Clyde & Co has today the largest presence and is one of the most experienced international law firms in the Middle East with over 50 partners and 400 staff, operating in Abu Dhabi and Dubai in the UAE, Doha in Qatar, Muscat* in Oman and Riyadh in Saudi Arabia.
We have accumulated nearly 30 years of deep market knowledge and experience in the sectors in which our clients operate, providing a full-service commercial offering with local specialists in commercial, corporate, dispute resolution, employment, intellectual property, international arbitration, finance & banking, insurance, projects & construction, real estate, regulatory & investigations, and technology.
International and domestic clients engage us across the full spectrum of their corporate and commercial needs, including company structuring and governance, policy setting and licensing arrangements, employment and Emiratisation issues, funding, procurement, intellectual property (IP), technology and general commercial contracts. Working with industry leaders in the region endorses our reputation for providing expert practical guidance on how to get things done in what can be a challenging market to navigate.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level General
- Total Years Experience 5-10