Be the Difference in our Growth!
It’s Different here! Everyone Matters! You can build the career you want, alongside peers who share the same values. We share a common goal to make banking feel good for our Members and our Communities!
This is where Growing begins!
Our Greater Purpose is simple: To make it simpler for Canadians to achieve a better life. And no one accentuates that purpose more than our Financial Service Advisors!
Are you a Financial Advisor who has passion for people?
Dares to be different?
Likes to Lead and get the Job Done?
Then this opportunity may be perfect for you.
About this Amazing Opportunity!
As a senior member of the branch sales team, the primary responsibilities for this position will be to understand the financial needs of our Members and provide the appropriate advice and recommendations to fit their needs. This will include offering large or complex credit and investment advice as well as proactively identifying and promoting opportunities for Meridian products and services. In this role the Financial Services Advisor will be responsible for meeting and exceeding specific individual and team based business goals. While providing the right financial solutions the incumbent will manage Member portfolios to genuinely build and develop relationships with Members and actively seek to deepen their overall holdings with Meridian. Individuals in this role will be expected to proactively engage in revenue and business generating sales activities, foster relationships with external centres of influence and leverage referrals.
What you’ll get to do:
- Within approval limits approve or provide recommendations on large and complex credit products such as mortgages, loans, lines of credit, and credit cards based on thorough, accurate and appropriate credit interviewing and underwriting skills
- Provide investment advice by identifying and promoting Meridian investment offerings and wealth solutions that fit and meet our Members needs
- Hold or willingness to obtain Mutual fund accreditation and maintain thorough knowledge of economic and market conditions
- Actively lead revenue generation and sales based activities in order to achieve performance targets
- Build external centres of influence to optimize sales and service results
- Use Meridian tools to proactively identify and promote opportunities with all Members to deepen relationships and provide seamless service experiences
- Identify and drive referrals to appropriate partners in Retail Wealth, Small Business and Commercial
- Through sales excellence earn the right to ask for business and drive new referrals
- Resolve problems at first point of contact where possible and refer more complex Member concerns to appropriate staff
- Balance and process daily work in accordance to standard compliance, audit, policies and procedures
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Post-secondary education at least 3 years of equivalent work experience in a financial services sales environment with a proven track record in sales
- Hold or willingness to obtain mutual fund accreditation
- Strong business acumen and financial industry knowledge
- Passion for sales
- Excellent organizational and Member service skills
- Strong technical skills
- Flexible to work all scheduled hours which may include evenings and weekends
What’s in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to delight your candidates and clients!
- You’ll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top organizations around the world
- This isn’t your typical “banking” job. We work hard and we have fun!
Our Promise To You:
- We invest in you and provide opportunities for you to reach your full potential!
- We value your ideas and empower you to make a difference!
- We foster a collaborative work environment where we all have each other’s back!
- We support people’s commitment to family.
- We understand that life is full of surprises and we are here to support you for each one!
Experience the Difference!
Thank you for your interest in Meridian Credit Union. Please note that due to the volume of applications, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.
Meridian is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation, we will partner with you to meet your needs.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level General
- Total Years Experience 0-5