Who we are:
At Meridian, we’re committed to providing Canadians with exceptional banking, features, services, security, and advice so they can get everything they want from their money, and their lives. We are Ontario’s largest credit union and the third largest in Canada, with over 350,000 Members.
Credit unions are not-for-profit, and more focused on community. At Meridian, our Members are owners – that means that any profit we make goes right back into improving our products and services and innovating new ways to enhance our Members’ lives.
Meridian’s dedication to helping Canadians goes beyond banking. Thriving communities are essential to the individual well-being of our Members and the overall well-being of Canadians. That’s why we invest portions of our profits in financial literacy, local community organizations, environmental initiatives, co-op programs, and more. We also match our employees’ donations and empower them to get more involved in volunteering.
About this role:
As a senior member of the branch sales team, the primary responsibilities for this position will be to understand the financial needs of our Members and provide the appropriate advice and recommendations to fit their needs. This will include offering large or complex credit and investment advice as well as proactively identifying and promoting opportunities for Meridian products and services. In this role the Financial Services Advisor will be responsible for meeting and exceeding specific individual and team based business goals. While providing the right financial solutions the incumbent will manage Member portfolios to genuinely build and develop relationships with Members and actively seek to deepen their overall holdings with Meridian. Individuals in this role will be expected to proactively engage in revenue and business generating sales activities, foster relationships with external centres of influence and leverage referrals.
What you’ll do:
- Within approval limits approve or provide recommendations on large and complex credit products such as mortgages, loans, lines of credit, and credit cards based on thorough, accurate and appropriate credit interviewing and underwriting skills
- Provide investment advice by identifying and promoting Meridian investment offerings and wealth solutions that fit and meet our Members needs
- Actively lead revenue generation and sales based activities in order to achieve performance targets
- Build external centres of influence to optimize sales and service results
- Use Meridian tools to proactively identify and promote opportunities with all Members to deepen relationships and provide seamless service experiences
- Identify and drive referrals to appropriate partners in Retail Wealth, Small Business and Commercial
- Through sales excellence earn the right to ask for business and drive new referrals
- Resolve problems at first point of contact where possible and refer more complex Member concerns to appropriate staff
- Balance and process daily work in accordance to standard compliance, audit, policies and procedures
What you can bring to Meridian:
- Post-secondary education at least 3 years of equivalent work experience in a financial services sales environment with a proven track record in sales
- Strong business acumen and financial industry knowledge
- Passion for sales
- Excellent organizational and Member service skills
- Strong technical skills
- Flexible to work all scheduled hours which may include evenings and weekends
Experience the difference at Meridian: What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to work within, create, and drive a culture of growth and innovation.
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality service, innovation, teamwork to assist our Members.
- Learn voraciously, stretch you and your team’s thinking, share your knowledge and educate others!
- Cultivate winning relationships & building trust
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Be an agent of change, help others to embrace it and watch amazing things happen!
- Help your community through a variety of outreach programs!
Member Focus – Personally demonstrating that our Members are our highest priority.
Proactive – Seize the initiative by anticipating needs and identifying opportunities to provide a higher level of service.
Open Communication – Engaging in honest and transparent dialogue to develop mutual understanding, trust and cultivate deeper relationships.
Business Savvy – Continuously acquiring the knowledge needed to do one’s job to the fullest, using internal or external resources and applying the knowledge productively.
Partner Orientation – Initiates opportunities for collaboration and maintains productive relationships to achieve shared goals.
Integrity – Doing the right thing by always acting with openness, honesty and respect.
Experience the Difference!
Thank you for your interest in Meridian Credit Union. Please note that due to the volume of applications, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.
Meridian is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation, we will partner with you to meet your needs.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level General
- Total Years Experience 0-5