General Ledger Accountant
Department: Finance & Accounting
ServiceNow, The Enterprise IT Cloud Company, is the industry-leading cloud platform provider for building enterprise applications. We are redefining markets and changing the perception of enterprise software. Our cloud platform allows enterprise IT to bring together business strategy, application design and operations in a powerfully simple solution.
To sustain our explosive growth, we are looking for drivers—people who thrive on responsibility and live for the next big challenge. We seek to employ the brightest and most forward-thinking talent on the planet, and we want to hire people who have their best work ahead of them, not behind them. Accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you can make an impact daily. We invite you to join in to stand out.
ServiceNow is currently looking for a General Ledger Accountant to support out global operations based out of Hyderabad office. The successful candidate will work closely with the Accounting Management team from US office, Procurement team, AP team, Internal and External Auditors and Executive Management.
What we are looking for:
An energetic and ambitious person with around 5+ years’ experience in Accounting or Finance, who aims to build a career in General Ledger Accounting. You will have the opportunity to learn alongside best-in-class professionals, in a role that will grow as you develop and are able to take on increased responsibility.
Excellent task prioritization and organizational skills are a must, as is the ability to cope with complexity in a fast-paced environment.
What you get to do in this role:
- Primarily to review PR from accounting angle before the PO are created
- Update the contract language for cancellable and non-cancellable clause during PR review
- Assist with month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing
- Prepare and post journal entries in support of the monthly close process
- Take ownership of specific balance sheet accounts and perform analytical reviews of those accounts
- Conduct monthly expense variance analysis
- Participate in month-end close by performing a variety of accounting tasks
- Assist with accounting matters within the department and with other departments
- Ensure compliance with Company accounting policies and the application of generally acceptable accounting principles
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited procedures currently exist
- Assist with documentation/formalization of procedures
- Take on additional responsibilities as assigned
- Complete and maintain process documentation to ensure SOX compliance
- Assist with annual audits
- Assist in financial analysis for day-to-day operations
- Assist with continuous process improvements and development of automated systems
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, required
- Experience 5-6 years of accounting experience
- Graduate with experience of working in Audit firm plus corporate experience
- Good understanding of P2P and RTR processes (PR creating process steps, approvals, account and cc selection etc.,)
- Proficiency with Microsoft products, especially Excel
- Working knowledge of SAP, ARIBA & Coupa would be an added advantage
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others
- Positive attitude
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure and meet the deadlines in a fast-paced environment without losing accuracy
- Eagerness to learn and willingness to take on new challenges
- Ability to execute, and proactively follow up
- Ambition, and a strong desire for professional development
What you get out of this role:
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level General
- Total Years Experience 0-5