The Kuwait CFO – VP accomplishes results through the management of professional team(s) and department(s). Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Contributes to standards around which others will operate. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function. Requires basic commercial awareness. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness and delivery of end results of an area. May have responsibility for planning, budgeting and policy formulation within area of expertise. Involved in short-term planning resource planning. Full management responsibility of a team, which may include management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations and may include budget approval.
- Assists in administering the full spectrum of Financial functional disciplines across a Business or Region.
- Responsibilities may include oversight of income, expense and balance sheet activities across a Business or Region
- Participates in conducting strategic value-based assessments of the competitive economic environment;
- Contributes to deploying and measuring business contingency plans and representing Citi Finance internally and externally.
- Accomplishes results through the management of professional team(s) and department(s).
- Responsible for Management Reporting to Local Management team and Division
- Responsible for the preparation of financials for the Annual Plan and Mid-Year Forecast
- Responsible for the monitoring of Expenses for the DR franchise – provides management with the analysis of actual results versus plans and initiates adjustment to plan as required by changing situations
- Assists in ensuring the integrity of the entire financial process and that the system of internal control is adequate
- Analyzes and advises on economic conditions, financial and management data encompassing revenue and expense items to support business managers
- Timely completion of Head Office reports to ensure that all stringent Head Office deadlines are adhered to
- Ensures compliance with all financial regulatory requirements
- Provides support in the preparation of all Taxation returns due in DR(i.e. Corporation Tax Returns, VAT returns, Financial Services Tax)
- Provides support during the internal and external statutory results
- Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area.
- Contributes to standards around which others will operate.
- Deals with occasionally complex and highly variable issues.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 5-10 years of experience
- Minimum 5+ years post- qualification experience working for an internationally reputed bank’s Finance Department
- Good knowledge of banking products and business, preferably ICG business
- Knowledge of bank’s systems, e.g. Flexcube, Smart, etc.
- Arabic language as an advantage
- Bachelor Degree in Economics, Finance or Accounting (or Masters with major in Finance / Accounting)
- Good accounting technical skills
- Command on Excel, Power Point and Word office software
- Financial modelling and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (English or Arabic)
- Ability to manage and motivate a team of finance professionals
- Good teamwork and project management skills
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
- Ensuring that accounting is in compliance with U.S. and local generally accepted accounting principles and regulatory accounting guidelines and is completed in a timely and accurate manner;
- Responsible for compliance with local tax laws and tax planning;
- Ensuring compliance with local regulatory and tax reporting requirements;
- Ensuring internal controls are in place and operating effectively; Ensure adherence to internal policies
- Developing a working relationship with the regulators and statutory auditors, anticipating and informing the CCO, country business managers and regional CFOs of significant regulatory developments and helping to create and implement strategies to bring about desired changes;
- Ensuring that appropriate statutory audits and examinations are conducted, as well as ensuring that the tracking of corrective actions for internal, Manager’s Control Assessment (“MCA”) and external audits are diligently performed;
- Actively participating in the following franchise or country related committees: Country Coordinating Committee (CCC), Business Risk, Compliance and Control Committee (BRCC), Asset and Liability Committee (ALCO);
- Coordinating/managing the effort for budgeting and planning for Finance
- Providing/ensuring integrity of MIS to management to support business decision making
- Involvement with major issues in the various businesses in the country that could give rise to regulatory concerns or franchise risks
- Advise the CCO and other managers of the financial and regulatory ramifications of any ethical and business practice concerns raised within the country
- Participation in strategic decisions affecting Citigroup’s businesses in the country
- Work in coordination with designated Lead Regional CFO to ensure that the appropriate finance resources, both internal and external, are employed to address the country’s needs.
- Lead or participate in any crisis management investigations that may have financial implications.
- Ensure that updated information on the country’s legal, Regulatory, Local and GAAP reporting rules and regulations are included in training courses
- Coordinating and managing the Finance function within the Country
- Exposure to country and regional management
- Participating in senior management committees and in decision making process to manage country franchise
- Significant complexity in terms of regulatory reporting and tax optimization
Grade :All Job Level – All Job FunctionsAll Job Level – All Job Functions – KW-
Time Type :Full time-
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity .
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement .
To view the EEO Policy Statement .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting .
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level General
- Total Years Experience 0-5