Our client is seeking a Mapping Land Surveyor for an immediate position supporting a construction effort in the country of Qatar. The appropriately qualified candidate should be a Professional Land Surveyor and experienced in all phases of Surveying and Mapping. The work location for this position is on the Al Udeid Air Base (AUAB) in Qatar.
- Must be able to accomplish surveys and translate collected GPS data into AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 for each survey or project.
- Makes detailed field notes of record data and field observations containing tabular and graphical data in accordance with established standards for survey field notes.
- Utilizes automated field survey codes and equipment to collect and document survey data in accordance with project specific requirements.
- Read, analyze and interpret engineering/construction plans and perform field survey work from blueprints, shop drawings and sketches.
- Work with survey crew in schedule with project inspectors, contractors, engineers and others, plans and carries out the assignment, resolves most conflicts that arise.
- Keep supervisor informed of progress, potentially controversial matters, or far reaching implications. Work is reviewed in terms of feasibility, compatibility with other work, or effectiveness of results.
- Participates as part of a working team, providing and maintaining a steady workflow while responding to changing need
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- Candidate must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- MUST be a US Licensed Surveyor
- A minimum three (3) or more years relevant experience in performing field data collection using electronic survey measuring instruments, related electronic measuring instruments and related electronic collecting device in a government, civilian and/or military operations environment including overseas work.
- Personnel shall have proficient skills in Microsoft Office.
- Survey candidate shall have a full working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 and ESRI Arc Map/Arc Editor plus Microsoft office products.
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2012 or later.
- Must have experience in AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Visual Basic, and building information modeling software.
- Must have experience working with architectural, civil, mechanical, and electrical designs.
- Must be knowledgeable of engineering tables, plans, and specifications.
- And working knowledge of computer networks is required.
- Must have an active or interim Secret Clearance and be able to maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
- Due to nature of the work, candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Experience working with USACE is desirable
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test and be capable and willing to submit and pass random fitness for duty screening particularly for drugs and alcohol.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level General
- Total Years Experience 0-5