The Smart Nation and Digital Government Office (SNDGO), under the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) plans and prioritizes key Smart Nation and digital government projects, raises the standards of Government ICT and services, builds long-term capabilities for the public sector, and promotes adoption and participation in digital and smart innovations. It takes a whole-of-nation effort, and we will actively engage the public, the industry and fellow agencies as we build a Smart Nation together.
Reporting to the Deputy Director/Public and International Communications, you will be part of the Adoption and Engagement Directorate at SNDGO. This directorate focuses on promoting digital adoption and public communications of Smart Nation initiatives and efforts. The Communications team manages and coordinates SNDGO’s overall public communications strategy, media engagement, online and marketing communications and international profiling of Smart Nation and digital transformation efforts.
As Manager/ Senior Manager/ Assistant Director in the Public and International Communications Team, you will work, as part of a dynamic and fast-paced team, to
- Develop communication strategies and messages for SNDGO, translating them into actionable work plans and operationalising them to achieve the intended outcomes
- Evaluate the effectiveness of communications strategies with a data driven approach
- Conduct research on public perception and stakeholder sentiments from new and available data sources to derive insights and providing strategic perspectives to inform policy formulation and implementation
- Engage local and international media on Smart Nation and Digital Government policies and initiatives, and work with stakeholders and partners to develop multimedia content for a range of platforms including online and mainstream channels
- Staff and support senior management and spokespersons for media interviews, announcements, public engagements and events
- Media monitoring and analysis of Smart Nation and Digital Government related coverage
We are looking for self-motivated individuals who value integrity, teamwork and take pride in going the extra mile to provide excellent and high quality public service. While strategic communications and content generation is a key focus of this role, we welcome you to join us if you share our passion in shaping Singapore into a Smart Nation!
In addition, an ideal candidate should possess the following:
- At least 2 to 5 years of working experience in media, public or corporate communications and communications research
- Proficiency in speaking and writing in either Mandarin, Malay or Tamil
- Conversant with managing and running online/social media space
- Familiar with digital marketing tools and platforms
- Experience in data collection and familiarity with data analysis tools will be an advantage
- Strong communicator with excellent writing skills.
- Good critical and analytical instincts, and ability to develop impactful recommendations in evolving circumstances.
- Passionate about learning, keeping up with contemporary communication and engagement strategies and tools, and in particular, how tools and concepts can be used to heighten our ability to communicate and engage with its stakeholders.
- Able to multi-task, with the capacity to respond quickly to fast changing circumstances.
- Keen interest and appreciation of technology and its applications, and insight to developing opportunities, challenges and issues.
- Strong news and political sensing, and general interest in current affairs.
- A team player who is also an independent, responsible, confident and keen to pursue excellence.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified within 2 weeks after closing date.
Successful candidates will be offered a 2-year contract in the first instance.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level General
- Total Years Experience 0-5