MARKETS EDITOR/SENIOR EDITOR – MIDDLE EAST
We are looking for a Markets Editor/Senior Editor to join our editorial team based in Dubai, covering petrochemical market developments in the Middle East.
You will assess prices on a daily or weekly basis and produce market intelligence including news as well as in-depth analytical content. You thrive on breaking exclusive news and being the first to get the intelligence out to the market as well as investigating and explaining what this means for our customers.
The role will allow you to become a recognised expert in your field as well as contribute to the profile of ICIS by attending and speaking at industry events and engaging with key industry contacts.
You will collaborate closely with other business functions and also contribute ideas and carry out work on new coverage areas, methodology issues and new product opportunities with the aim of expanding the ICIS business and meeting customer needs.
In this role you will be encouraged to be your best, to learn and to grow. You will become a recognised expert in your field which can open doors to a wealth of diverse opportunities within ICIS and across the commodities sector at a vital time of global transition.
- Cover a portfolio of petrochemical markets in the Middle East – produce daily and/or weekly price assessments
- Writing insightful news and analysis explaining price trends and market developments for the region
- Proactively chase stories across your portfolio
- Understand and analyse regional economic, policy and legal developments that affect petrochemical markets
- Build and nurture a wide network of industry contacts, including travel to industry events
- Report on complex topics in an engaging and timely manner, including use of data visualisations
- Deliver market presentations at conferences/client visits
Key Skills and Behaviours Required:
- An inquisitive mind
- Knowledge or interest in market economics
- High level of numerical accuracy
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Experience of working with Excel/Excel-based business tools
- Ability to work well in a team in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
- Fluent written and spoken English; ability to speak Arabic would be an advantage
- Passionate, curious, high-performing, accountable team players
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in journalism, finance, data science, economics or similar
- Price/commodities knowledge or coverage/understanding of Middle East markets would be an asset
ICIS is the global source of Independent Commodity Intelligence Services. We connect data, markets and customers to create a comprehensive, trusted view of the global commodities markets, enabling smarter business decisions that optimise the world’s resources.
Over the past four decades, we have cultivated deep expertise in downstream petrochemicals supported by our ever-expanding reach in the energy and fertilizer markets. Today we are the world’s largest and trusted petrochemicals market intelligence provider.
We exist to help businesses make strategic decisions, mitigate risk, improve productivity and capitalise on new opportunities. At, ICIS we make some of the world’s most important markets more trusted and predictable by providing data services, thought leadership and decision tools. As result of our unmatched global presence, we deliver targeted connected intelligence to influence thousands of decisions across supply chains every single day. Drawing upon our legacy, we are also in a unique position to leverage big data and analytics as part of RELX, a FTSE20 data and analytics company with over 30,000 experts across 40 countries.
With our intelligence, we shape the world by connecting markets to optimise the world’s valuable resources.
About Reed Business Information
Reed Business Information (RBI) provides information, analytics and data to business professionals worldwide. Our strong global products and services hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every day. RBI is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
RBI is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
RBI Benefits Package
RBI pays competitive salaries and has a comprehensive set of benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or email@example.com.
Risk & Business Analytics (RBA) provides customers with innovative solutions and decision tools that combine public and industry specific content with advanced technology and analytics to assist them in evaluating and predicting risk while enhancing operational efficiency through eight unique brands. RBA is a market segment of RELX and has more than 8,500 employees serving customers in over 180 countries. RBA’s eight brands include: LexisNexis Risk Solutions, Accuity, Proagrica, ICIS, Cirium, XpertHR, Nextens, and EG.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level General
- Total Years Experience 0-5