Careers that Change Lives
The Regional Marketing Manager, Energy is responsible for the development and implementation of the upstream marketing strategy & the overall product strategy for the APAC market, driving the development and execution of go-to-market plans in each sub-region. The incumbent will advise both Regional and Country leaders in all matters as it relates to the Franchise Strategy. The role reports into the Senior Director, Regional Marketing- Product Platforms, Surgical Innovations, MITG, APAC.
Role specifics include defining and developing objectives and strategies for the products within the franchise, including launch plans, product line development, clinical education, defining and maintaining product pricing and profit goals and metrics, product forecasting and building market intelligence. The incumbent will play a strong mentorship role in developing/enabling country marketing teams to be effective in supporting their field sales teams. The principal responsibility of the Regional Marketing Manager is to establish and maintain relationships with key customers, build advocates and to drive acceptance and adoption of our therapies and solutions, so as to position Medtronic as the provider of choice for RI solutions in the APAC marketplace.
A Day in the Life
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Determine the strategic direction and marketing objectives for the assigned product area; develop yearly marketing plan outlining product strategy, marketing programs, and promotion collaterals.
- Gather and evaluates all pertinent statistics and market research to determine market potential and penetration, competitive strategy, consumer attitudes and preferences to meet defined marketing objectives.
- Evaluate new product and market opportunities within the assigned market, provide yearly forecast based on market intelligence. Direct and develop total market assessment and market feasibility assessment. Develop and track launch plan for new products. Keep Senior Management apprised of launch progress.
- Work closely with Global Marketing and Country sales/marketing teams and SCM to provide accurate product line forecast, review sales funnel with country teams to ensure accuracy, prioritize allocation based on demand and need when required.
- Update Senior Management appropriately through relevant reports and analyses, address and questions and provide solutions to queries from Country sales/marketing teams.
- Oversee the development and preparation of promotional activities which support the marketing strategy for a given product or call point. With the assistance of Marketing Communications, implement advertising programs, develop product brochures, promotional events and monitor the effectiveness of the above-mentioned in achieving overall marketing objectives.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key advocates/customers, gain insights through such interactions, articulate as needed to Medtronic stakeholders.
- Identify and ensure the coordination and execution of conventions, seminars, and workshops for assigned product line(s).
- Work within the matrix, interacting seamlessly with functional partners in QRA, MA, SCM, Tech Service and Senior Management (as appropriate) to highlight and resolve issues being escalated form the field.
- Develop/maintain deep product domain knowledge and expertise. Partner sales training department to create and rollout effective training to customers, internal sales & marketing teams and Medtronic distributors.
- Contribute to overall team success by participating in cross functional and other project-based assignments, as directed by Manager or Senior Leader.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, maintaining personal network and participating in relevant professional societies.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field
- Min 10 years experience in Medical Device or other regulated healthcare industry
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong customer relationships
- Experience in Product Life Cycle Management
- Experience selling value and differentiation to customers
- Solid job skills in business planning/consulting with multiple cross-functional contacts
- Experience working with marketing tools and programs to increase product awareness
- Experience running Peer-to-Peer programs to drive product adoption
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Experience in Asia Pacific markets preferred
- Demonstrate ability to write effective marketing and project plans.
- Self-driven, able to operate with minimal supervision, ability to work lead a peer group or cross functional team.
- Proven project management skills; ability to keep to timelines and budget.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, focus on the vital few, escalate challenges and push back, where required.
- Ability to prepare and execute product presentations to internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to train employees and customers in applications and use of products.
- Willingness to travel internationally and willing to work flexible hours as needed.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level General
- Total Years Experience 0-5